Meet Your Benton Orthodontist
Dr. John Daniel, an Arkansas native, has been in private practice since 1989. He attended the University of Arkansas and the University of Central Arkansas for his undergraduate education, then was accepted to Baylor College of Dentistry, where he earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree.
After completing a two year orthodontic residency at St. Louis University, Dr. Daniel achieved the level of Master of Science in Dentistry.
Dr. Daniel considers his most important accomplishments to be his marriage and family. Dr. Daniel and his wife have four children and are active members of Immanuel Baptist Church.
The newest addition to the Daniel & Jones Orthodontics family, Dr. Alex Jones is originally from Fayetteville, North Carolina, and is proud to call Little Rock his new home.
He set his sights on being an orthodontist in 6th grade, and he loves meeting the amazing families of central Arkansas and building great smiles as his full-time job.
Dr. Jones graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Arkansas before attending dental school at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
He stayed in Memphis to complete his Orthodontic Residency at UTHSC and holds both a Doctorate of Dental Surgery and Master’s of Dental Science.
Why an Orthodontist in Benton?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Our doctors continued their formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As orthodontists, our doctors have spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Benton Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Benton orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Benton orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Daniel & Jones Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Benton area.